Yikes... ok, that makes a lot of sense. I think I can do a bow-up towing
method, espically with the reverse transom...I can probably get a painter
line to my toe rail as well where we have the same type (with the holes).

Lifting the dinghy vertically using a halyard also seems much more
practical than attempting to use the boom which would just make things more
difficult.

Thanks guys!

Dan