From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Dennis C.
via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 1:44 PM
To: CnClist
Cc: Dennis C.
Subject: Stus-List Vessel documentation renewal - those scammers again

Well, gee.  I just got my "courtesy" renewal notice from "Maritime
Documentation Center".  I promptly emailed them an "official notice of shame".
:)

For those who are new the list a while and haven't seen our derision at these
folks, let me elaborate.  The "Maritime Documentation Center" is NOT the US
Coast Guard's Vessel Documentation Center (VDC).  It is a third party entity
who will gladly charge you three times the fee of the VDC for doing what you
can do on the VDC's website in under 5 minutes.  It's not illegal, just
irritating.

They simply send you an official looking courtesy notice for renewal.  It may
show up slightly before the USCG VDC's real renewal notice.

Do not be fooled.  The VDC fee for renewal is $26.  Pay no more.  The official
VDC website is here:

https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Our-Organization/Deputy-for-Operations-Policy-and-Capabilities-DCO-D/National-Vessel-Documentation-Center/

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83