Hi all, our 30-2 is due to splash in a week, and this is the second full
season for us owning it, and it's our first boat, so I'm full of questions.

Originally, a rigger helping us move our boat mentioned he thought the
rigging was too loose and could use a few turns to tighten it up, so we
tightened across the board a few turns.

This year, I plan on using the Selden method, of attaching a dowel 2M up
from the turnbuckles and measuring the stretch in the rods and backstays to
get a better idea of tension, but I'm afraid that I may run out of
turnbuckle length, we were very close to bottoming out the turnbuckles last
year, and we still had floppy lowers at 15 knots close hauled.

Is this rod stretch? fiberglass creeping? Our chain plates are in excellent
condition, so it doesn't seem to be anything related to rot in the plates.

Could the core / aft placement of the mast chocks cause this? How does one
position the mast using the chocks? Equal amounts of space in the deck
opening? level mast (level to what?)

Also, does anyone know the suggested rake for a 30-2?

Thanks,
Chad