I'm sure more experts will chime in here, but my understanding is that
water ingress is extremely common, our survey indicated the same, and a
previous survey also had a wet rudder.

During the previous survey we had some questions and our surveyor brought
in one of the main people from Bristol Marine, and they were also
unconcerned by the wet saturated rudder.

With that being said, expansion of freezing water could lead to splitting
of the rudder edges, which I understand to be more serious. We have been
drilling a small 1/4" hole yearly that gets patched I'm the spring with
G/Flex epoxy. The hole allows any excess water to drain.

We check for cracks quite closely during launching, but otherwise not too
concerned about the moisture.