Otto's brain is alive!  We finished installing and wiring up the S1 Course Computer.  Rudder sensor in wired, Flux Gate Compass wired.  We had to lift the floor board to run the cable.  ST6002 Control Head installed on the pedestal guard. Stopped at Harbor Freight on the way up a got a set of Cobalt drill bits and a set of center drills and making the hole in the pedestal guard was remarkably easy.  Snaking Seatalk cable was not quite as easy.  The pedestal guard was pretty full with the Seatalkng cable, we ended up pulling the pedestal guard and working the cable first to the floor and then through the floor. Finally got it.  Powered up and we have life!  Next trip up will be to put the drive motor cable through the floor and install the Seatalk to Seatalkng converter, fish the GPS power/data cable down the port side tube and adding the NEMA lines to the S1.  The Seatalkng cables are significantly bigger than the seatalk and the PO ran separate cables for the wind and tridata (on either side of the pedestal guard).

We are getting close to commissioning the new installation.  More to come.

Neil Schiller
1983 C&C 35-3, #28
"Grace"
Whitehall, Michigan