I just got a new insurance policy for our 1981 C&C 34 from BoatU.S.  They
have not required a survey and the application was pretty straight forward
- they did however, want recent detailed pictures of the interior, exterior
and rigging of the boat which I was able to e-mail to the agent.  The
policy includes coverage for cruising coastal waters of Canada, but I don't
know if they offer policies for boats based in Canada.
Nathan

~~~
Nathan Post
+1 (781)  605-8671