Yep I hear you on that.

There's a few Catalina 27's on my lake too with phrfs ranging from 198
-213.  The 198 phrf boat is said to be an ex national champion with the
hull's gelcoat ground-off to save weight..

He's good sailor (British chap), had fresh sails,  was a tough nut to
crack, especially in light winds.  He didn't outpoint us, but in corrected
time our 102 phrf meant that we had to finish a country mile ahead of 'em
to beat 'em.

We did beat 'em and won the season but it was really close pretty much
every Wed nite, we had great time trading jabs and became friends..

Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"