My Yanmar in my C&C44 emits a small cloud of white smoke when I first turn
it over after sitting idle for weeks or months, but never blue or black
smoke. My engine had a partial rebuild in 2007 which may have eliminated
some of the issues of an aging diesel...

I hope that's helps in some way?

Dan
Breakaweigh
C&C44