I agree with the posts here, including a number of Josh's concerns noted below.
 That said, please be aware that the 37/40+ (and potentially the XL) have
larger tanks.  We carry +/- 100 gallons of fresh water and 40 gallons of
diesel.  I don't remember the holding tank size at the moment.
I'll also agree as to the high cockpit floor height and companionway step.  And
yes, that makes putting on a proper dodger difficult.  That said, I find the
steep companionway stairs to be quite secure feeling when going up & down, and
have never felt like I was going to slip or fall.  There are good railings/grab
spots set just for this purpose.  My fear, however is that one day there will
be an accidental jibe as someone is going up or down, and that will not be a
good day.  That's not to say it wouldn't happen on any other boat, but there's
no way if I was going down the companionway that the boom would miss my head. :(
I find the A/C is perfectly capable of keeping our boat cool in 90+ temps and
high humidity here in Florida, and the stern berth for us is best slept in with
the head towards the aft, as that makes it better for getting in & out of the
berth in the middle of the night.  We added an extra fan to the stern berth to
help circulate the cool air from the A/C. We also replaced the mattresses in
both berths just due to age - it made a huge difference.

I have used the shower a number of times, and though it is a tad tight, I
really like it.  We have also hung some sticky hooks in the shower to serve as
a wet locker when necessary.  It's really nice to have an out of the way place
for wet stuff!
The galley is simply a great design, and we cook breakfast on the weekends and
would not hesitate to do more cooking other than the heat it would create in an
already hot climate.  That you would face with any boat.  There is sufficient
space in one of the cabinets for a small microwave (one was already on our
boat, but I have to admit I have not yet used it).

My wife particularly likes the center table which folds down on both sides, as
she is not a fan of the typical U-shaped table designs.

We added a stack pack which you can see in the attached picture:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rlqciawspzi1ff/Astralis%20Under%20Sail%20%28Corrected%2020131109a%29.jpg?dl=0.
  You can see we just unzip it and sail with the lines and cover rigged.  We've
attached a sail tie to the zipper, and it hangs over the side of the pack for
easy zipping/unzipping, and is hidden when we are at the dock.  As mentioned
before, with the addition of a downhaul and a little Sailkote, dropping the
main all the way into the pack is a breeze.

Our C&C 37/40+ seems to outperform a lot of boats out here in the light Florida
air, and points like a dream.  We're having a bit of an issue getting top hull
speed however, probably due to the 3 blade prop which I will probably replace
when it comes out of the water for a bottom job sometime next year.
Overall, we are thrilled with the boat, and are very glad we didn't go down the
road of a Catalina 380 (which we also liked due to the stern berth).
As with Josh, please feel free to give me a call with any questions, Bruce
Whitmore
1994 C&C 37/40+, "Astralis"Madeira Beach, FL
(847) 404-5092 (mobile)
bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net