I have an SSB radio system in my boat that still works. The antenna appears
to be built right into my backstay, and is no longer wired up, however the
wire is just coiled up on the transom and could be re-connected. Some local
sailors have told me to just simply get rid of it, however it doubles as an
HF radio (channel 2182, etc.) which could be handy in an ocean crossing? (I
also have VHF and may purchase an Eridium or Sat Phone eventually)

How many of you guys still hang on to the old SSB? Should I lose it
altogether and make space in my nav station for something more up to date
and less power consuming?

Dan
Breakaweigh
C&C44