      From: James Bibb via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 To: Chuck S via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: James Bibb <jamesb...@me.com>
 Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 3:50 PM
 Subject: Stus-List Yanmar 3gm Ventilation

OK…engine seems to run warm/hot…temp is not above 180 but I’m not running at
3,000 RPM, usually 2800.  …couple of questions….

Lot’s of steam out the exhaust which I believe is more do to the balance of
coolant water in either muffler or the mixture elbow.  I sometimes remove the
engine access panels on either side and I notice an easy 5-10 degree drop in
temperature from the gauge.

I’ve checked the coolant, impeller, heat exchanger for clear and the thermostat
last year.  Haven’t checked past the coolant elbow or into the muffer.

Does anybody have any experience and does anybody introduce a fan back-up
cooling system into the engine compartment and if so how do they and where do
they vent on a sailboat through the hull or deck?

Does the steam indicate overheating or based on temperature am I running fine?

Other question, what RPM do folks run their engine at for cruising speed?

James Bibb
SV Darwin’s Folly
1991 C&C 34/36R
Juneau, Alaska

Thanks everyone for supporting this list with your contributions.  Each and
every one is greatly appreciated.  If you want to support the list - use PayPal
to send contribution --  https://www.paypal.me/stumurray