From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Randy
Stafford via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2018 5:09 PM
To: cnc-list
Cc: Randy Stafford
Subject: Stus-List Rob Ball Drawing of C&C 30 MK I?

Hi Rob,

Since we’re discussing the 30 MK I on the mail list today, I thought I’d share
a blast from the past - a drawing of the sail plan for the 24’9” LWL Auxiliary
Sloop (i.e. the 30 MK I), dated Dec. 22, 1970.  See
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LNnF3ohhpfxYPndc528aTh6uvJHhPOel. Are those
your initials in the Drawn By block?

This drawing came in the records with my boat, 30 MK I hull #7 (HIN 30007972).
A4, tiller steering, boom-end sheeting to traveler on transom - love the
cockpit room.  Her first owner was Bob Andrews of Traverse City, MI, who raced
her in the Mac (the Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac).  She spent her first
40 years in Traverse City under four different owners, then moved to Colorado
in 2012.  I am her sixth owner and have raced her weekly for three years at my
local club.  At age 46 she’s still competitive and sharp-looking and a lot of
fun.

Thank you for the 30 MK I.  I love that boat.  I’ve had her up to 7.6 knots on
GPS, and I’ve had her out in gale-force winds multiple times.  She’s stiff and
stable as hell, and I love that.  If you’re interested, there are photos of my
boat including various projects at
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-NqAxQ6JxFTaUlpUkZJWGt5RVk.

Thanks Again,
Randy Stafford