It really isn't a big deal to pull a transducer and replace it with a
plug.  I just pull the transducer until it's nearly out, have the plug in
the other hand and make the swap fairly quickly.  If you do it quickly,
you'll get less than a pint of water in the boat.  Probably done it
hundreds of times.

Also, some transducer thru hull fittings have a flapper valve which closes
and shuts off flow.  If yours is one of those, you'll get very little water
in the boat.

The only downside I see is getting tiny salt water critters in the bilge
where they might cause a smell.  Easily resolved by flushing with dock
water.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA