I think I only got the 16 gb, but I'd have to check. I only use mine for
navionics, so it I didn't need a tonne of capacity for just charts. If you
plan to do other things with it and download movies or something I would
spring for more capacity.
ASUS is a good brand, but you'd be fine with a samsung or any other Android
brand - they're all pretty much the same. Walmart has a few on display to
test out for touch and screen brightness which plays a big role. You may
want to pick up an external battery as well (sold at gas stations, or just
about anywhere these days) so you don't have to remove the tablet from the
binnacle when the power gets low.

Dan