An even older auto paint story.

In the mid 1960's my cousin Buddy Friedrichs was campaigning for the 1968
Olympics in the Dragon class. All boats were made in Europe and were either
varnished or painted white. Buddy, a maverick, only had red boats. Before
leaving for Acalpulco, he had the boat painted red by Fact-o-Bake, a low
end local auto paint shop. The finish was flawless and Buddy won the gold
not even needing to sail the last race.

Ed Levert
C&C 34 Briar Patch
New Orleans, La