Several years ago, I replace the wire/rope genoa halyard on my 34+ with 3/8”
Maxbraid.  Every year since, the casing of the Maxbraid has been worn through
by the end of the season.  I rarely lower the sail so don’t konw how fast it is
happening.  I have not worried too much about it as the inner casing seems
fine, but clearly there is a problem.  I have had not had the mast down since I
bought the boat, but two riggers have gone up and looked at it and neither
could figure out what the problem was.  Neither thought the sheave was the
issue, but the place where the wear is occuring is about 8” above the furler
swivel and roughly where the halyard enters the mast.  Has anyone else had a
problem like this and found a solution?  Thanks- Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT