This topic has been discussed before.  I'm an advocate of the "double
overhand on a itself" for halyard shackles.  Both the halyard knot and the
double overhand are likely to get jammed and you will likely find it
necessary to cut the knot if removal becomes necessary.  The reason I
advocate for a double overhand is that the tail comes out in line with the
loaded side as apposed to the halyard knot where the tail comes out
perpendicular.  This isn't too big of a deal but unless you work the
halyard knot or cut the tail short there is a chance of the tail fouling.
Knots are IMO superior to an eye splice for halyard attachment since the
line doesn't get fat and potentially jam in the sheave box.  I believe less
rope is lost cutting the knot vs cutting the eye should replacement be
needed.  Ultimately less cost and nearly the same performance.  A knot may
cause a very slightly reduced hoist...if space is limited at the top.

They call it a poachers knot.
https://www.animatedknots.com/poachers/index.php

Double Overhand on Itself. DOI
http://www.caves.org/section/vertical/nh/46/doitie.html