Steve,

My boat is smaller, but I am using almost the same set-up. I prefer to have the
extra block outside (and attached to the boom), but it makes little difference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4u0om487skpwoc3/20140830_160655.jpg?dl=0

I like it a lot and I find it to work much better than the original system that
was two-ended (one to the winch, one free for direct adjustments). This system
is fast for gybes (3:1) and good for fine adjustments (6:1).

Make sure that you have the proper angle for the sheets to come off the bottom
block. Garhauer would adjust it for you.

I did not buy the kit; rather, I built it myself. The bottom block was, I
think, 30-05us (??) - around $85 and the top was 30-17us - $70. When I googled
your part number, only Garhauer NZ showed up and the price was over $1000. I
hope you won't plan to pay that much.

Keep in mind that your boat is bigger, so you are probably looking at the
40-series blocks.

Good luck

Marek

1994 C270 ”Legato”