I think your plan is just fine and you'll be very happy with the Raymarine
gear. I changed to B&G for my new boat, but that was because it has some pretty
advanced functions and integrates well with the Expedition planning software,
which I don't pretend to understand, but my navigator does!
Andy

Andrew Burton
139 Tuckerman Ave
Middletown, RI