With all this discussion of the cockpit drains I went out to my boat (C&C35 MkII, which spends winter in my side yard) to check the layout and take some measurements.  The two scupper valves are 9" from the centerline (18" apart) and are approx. 20" below the waterline.  The cockpit deck (floor) is 12" above the waterline. The forward T-cockpit drain is 26" above the hull at the valve and valve top is 5 1/4" tall measured from the outside of the hull at the valve exit.  Both valves are faired flush to the hull.  The aft cockpit scupper drains which are T'ed into the forward scuppers valves are further outboard and a little lower. It is these scuppers that have water when heeling over to the point that we have water coming over the leeward rail.  I have attached a diagram of the set up.  It appears that cross connecting the scuppers would not help keep water out of the aft cockpit as the boat would have to have the spreaders almost in the water.  Portends I have bigger problems then water in the cockpit.

Don Kern
Fireball, C&C35 Mk2
Bristol, RI