Thanks for all the info. Going to look at the boat today, so I will
report back. I was invited on board another '74 35 mk2 yesterday, after
viewing a Catalina (am I allowed to say that here...?) 30 and a CS 27.
Needless to say, I preferred the C&C, and it just made me more curious
about Callisto. If the work done appears to be well executed and not a hack
job. Will report back...

On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 9:40 AM Dave S via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> Agree on condition and will add that it’s well Worth paying a bit more for
> a boat with recent upgrades, esp if they are the upgrades you’d make
> anyway.  (The Bimini you’d buy anyway is effectively  free in a used
> boat).
> 35-2 was on my shortlist when I bought my 33-2.
> Vs Toronto area Price seems a bit high (as you’d expect from any seller)
> but cash is king....  he’s seeking reasonable offers.
> Looks like the boat has already been equipped for the uses you have
> planned, and that hard dodger may be perfect for what you want, especially
> if you can steer from there, sitting in the companionway.  (Under power Via
> autopilot)
> Curious about the twin furler mod and how the stays are supported.
> Good luck!
>
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jan 5, 2019, at 9:58 AM, Steve Thomas <sthom...@bellnet.ca> wrote:
> >

> > Condition is everything, and that is not a high price for a reasonably
> well-equipped boat in good condition, especially in BC where prices are
> generally higher, most likely due to the absurd cost of housing.
> >
> > Steve Thomas
> > C&C 27MKIII
> > C&C 36
> >
> > ---- Shawn Wright via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am considering a '74 36' mk2, with several modifications, and I am
> > curious about how they might affect the boat in terms of suitability for
> > coastal cruising (BC coast) and possibly a trip around Vancouver Island.
> > Perhaps some here are familiar with the boat 'Callisto' which has:
> >
> > Twin furlers rigged with 150 genoa and 90 jib.
> > VW diesel with dual alternators, reported 4000 hrs.
> > Watermaker
> > Aluminum framed dodger (not the most attractive, but appears well built).
> >
> > The asking price is $32k CAD, which seems high.
> > https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sailboat/victoria-bc/c-c-35-mk-ii/1372900178
> >
> > Interested in thoughts on this boat, and the 35-2 in general.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Shawn Wright
> > shawngwri...@gmail.com