Hi Shawn,

I used OpenCPN and Nobeltec quite a fews ago on the West Coast cruise.

Main charts were NDI (digital ocean) and Nobeltec vr4. I did say old.
I also had C-map 93, more for entertainment and back-up. Ran them on two XP machines, a Dell & ThinkPad.

There is an OpenCPN chart download here:

http://opennauticalchart.org/

Mostly for entertainment as not all the marks in our area as show... nothing in Sooke Harbour and missing a key one in Nanaimo Harbour.

        Cheers, Russ
        ex-Sweet 35 mk-1