The yoga mat is a foam rubber mat I found in the back of the closet. The idea is to keep the cold air and the hatch insulated from each other, otherwise water can condense there and drip on the bunk. And no, 600 watts isn't enough. If I were staying down there I would have it going at 1200 watts and/or another heater too at the other end of the boat. With 4 aboard in 20 degree weather we usually would have a heater at each end of the boat.

Joe

Coquina