Docent, Herreshoff Marine Museum
Fireball C&C35 Mk2
Bristol, RI

On 1/28/2019 7:27 AM, Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List wrote:

I too like the 12 meters, but I would like the cup to revert to J-Class boats even more.

Catamarans with wing sails just don’t do anything for me.

(thread creep – when I was at flight school someone combined an old Hobie Cat and a wing from the aircraft junkyard into an early version of one of these LOL )

Joe

Coquina

*From:*CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] *On Behalf Of *schiller via CnC-List
*Sent:* Sunday, January 27, 2019 5:55 PM
*To:* cnc-list@cnc-list.com
*Cc:* schiller
*Subject:* [EXTERNAL] Re: Stus-List AC75 boats

The Parker Hannifin Division that I retired from was making aircraft grade axial piston pumps for the last AC boats.  We provided electric motor pumps for the practice boats but the race boats are mechanically driven.  The hydraulics were for the foils and winches.  The grinders are actually driving the two speed pumps.a  I retired just before we delivered the race units.

The previous division that I worked for also made Electro Hydraulic Servo Valves (EHSV) for formula 1 race cars to control suspension and fuel delivery.

Interesting work but I still prefer the old 12 meters and actually having to sail the boat.

Neil Schiller
1983 C&C 35-3, #028, "Grace"
Whitehall, Michigan
WLYC