I think  windows in the hull are ugly.  But then so are the boats they come
in. Used to be that for a sailboat to be seaworthy for an ocean crossing,
they were required to carry hard covers for the coach roof windows in case
of breakage. If you want windows buy a Buick by the sea.

Ed Levert
C&C 34 Briar Patch
New Orleans