I’ve had my autopilot for probably 20+ years with the Type 1 linear actuator
directly attached to the quadrant with no issues.  The quadrant attachment is
reinforced with aluminum plates.  We live aboard and cruise up and down the ICW
and to/from the Bahamas.  I think your worries are unfounded.

Bob

Bob Boyer
s/v Rainy Days
C&C Landfall 38 (Hull # 230)
(Presently in Charleston SC for the winter)
blog: dainyrays.blogspot.com
email: dainyr...@icloud.com