Hi Fred,

This is a weird co-incidence... I recently melted mine by accident against
the exhaust pipe on my espar furnace. Melted the cable housing fusing it to
the cable and making it pretty much useless. Please let me know where you
source the new cable from and I'll order one too! For length, it really
depends how it's run. My 44 only has one fuel tank under the aft double
berth, then under the floor to the engine. I'm probably going to run a
longer cable this time just to keep it off the furnace exhaust. Length
probably doesn't matter as long as the housing is cut the right length to
allow for the cable inside to move it's full range.

Dan
Breakaweigh
C&C44
Halifax, NS