I just sailed Masquerade around from Peter Island to the Bight on Norman,
downwind for a good part of it and gybing a few times to stay near the shore,
sightseeing. I was lazing along with just the jib. The trick to gybing the jib
is to let the old sheet out so the clew just clears the babystay (not very
much). At this point I have a sheet in each hand (via the winch of course) and
steer with a knee. Pull on the new sheet to get the clew on centerline against
the babystay with tension on both sheets. Then alter course as little as
possible to fill the sail on the new gybe. Let the old sheet go and pull in on
the new. With a 135 or 150 genoa you may find it helps to furl it up most of
the way before you gybe. It doesn't have to be a neat furl because as soon as
the sail fills on the new gybe you're going to unfurl it again.
Andy

Andrew Burton
139 Tuckerman Ave
Middletown, RI