Shawn, Buddy, Bro.

You need to stop obsessing about this boat.

Looking at boats for less than 20,000 and expecting 50,000 dollar results. Give it up.

This toe rail thing is a non-issue. Sweet had a discontinuous toe rail from the factory. There is a joint just abaft the shrouds. The toe rail does nothing for hull integrity. It is there for hull/deck bolting and a nice place to hang gear from. If you let the puddles sit long enough to go green in the winter it simply means you don't love your boat enough. This fix is easy enough with Devcon, some aluminum flatbar and a bit of black paint, if you wish.

The prop shaft overhang is ridiculous (as best described previuosly), so cut it down to a reasonable length for a few hundred bucks or use it until repairs are needed and then deal with it.

As a friend I suggest you start seriously looking at a much smaller boat and move up in size a bit later.

        Kindest regards, Russ
        ex-Sweet, 35 mk-1