Hi Robert,

His boat is now located at Shining Waters Marina. He was at the Halifax marina
before.

He upgraded his quite old equipment (Radar, batteries, chartplotter, wind,
depth, speed. added a drogue, had the rod rigging inspected, added hydrovane,
running rigging where needed, new anchor - Rocna, chain, sails, and  a few
other things).

The boat was solid and dry from the get-go, so zero structural issues or wet
decks. Yanmar is in excellent condition as verified by licensed mechanic
(compression test, and oil analysis).

When I said “over the last few seasons” I meant that my friend lives in
Montreal Quebec (11 hr distance). So it took him a while to do the work, and
enjoy some sailing at the same time.

He had his plans back then to leave this summer so he paced himself. He’s been
in some sea’s and his only splurge was the drogue as these boats are light
displacement. He’ll be with his wife and she’s everything to him. Peace of mind.

Sean is asking good questions, and his gut may not be in sync with his heart
and mind, but I can understand. In the end it’s his decision. I very much enjoy
the views and advice of everyone is giving him. This is a FANTASTIC group of
genuine people.

I almost bought a C&C 40 that needed work at port credit Toronto. But I bumped
into the son of Eric Bruckman (had no clue who he was at the time) and he asked
me if I was considering the boat and I said yes... I drove from Montreal to
Toronto a few times to see the boat (and others) so I’m guessing he saw a
pattern.

He knew the boat and asked me what my experience was and why this particular
boat. Then he ran some numbers with me (based on what needed to be fixed) time
and cost... He said “be patient, sailing isn’t going anywhere”... he basically
opened my eyes. A year and a half later I bought a really great Landfall 38. I
haven’t had to do anything to it really. I’m changing the glow plugs this year,
and touching up the bottom paint.

/John