I'm just entering Chesapeake Bay on my Baltic 47 (Hey, the first Baltics were
C&Cs and I still love my old 40). I've just done 4000 miles on her since I left
Newport in November. Her offshore chops are what I expected from a boat of this
quality and as a bonus I've had some terrific, fun sailing. And that's what I
go off for in the boat. I love sailing! That's why I got a C&C all those years
ago. The boats perform beautifully and pay back with joy every penny and hour
spent on maintenance.
Speaking of quality, that was the other reason I had for choosing a C&C. Our
boats are very well built. So to get back to the original question, can you
take a C&C offshore successfully? My answer is yes, very definitely! And you'll
have more fun actually sailing your boat than most out there with you.
Remember, there are people out there circumnavigating on Beneteaus and
Catalinas and doing perfectly well.
By the way, perhaps a French speaker out there (Bruno?) can tell me, is it true
that "Beneteau" is French for "Hunter?" :)

Andy

Andrew Burton
139 Tuckerman Ave
Middletown, RI