From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> on behalf of Josh Muckley via
CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:44 PM
To: C&C List
Cc: Josh Muckley
Subject: Re: Stus-List Ultrasonic sailing instruments?

Bill,

The zeus actually has a NMEA 0183 input.  It's not about using the 0183 signal
so much as it is about generally upgrading the entire system and ensuring
accuracy and reliability of the sensors.  The ultrasonic wind instruments are
already n2k and are naturally bird proof.  Some articles have stated that the
ultrasonic anemometers are not fast enough responding.  Conversely they are not
susceptible to the effects of heeling.

Definitely keep me posted about your experience with the electromagnetic water
speed!

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019, 2:47 PM Bill Coleman via CnC-List