I would call Sirius and ask.

I've had Sirius XM in my cars since 2008 and any kind of obstruction
absolutely blocks the signal.  Even tree leaves which are not contiguous
block the signal.

Same for home receivers, heck they loose signal when obstructed by thick
clouds from a storm

Unless there's some kind of magic to the boat receivers, it needs a view of
the sky.

>From Sirius's website:  Make sure the radio has a clear view to the sky (not
blocked by a garage, large trees, or buildings).

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, GA