From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Daniel
Cormier via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:50 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Daniel Cormier
Subject: Stus-List Aluminum Chainplates good or bad

Hi all,

My C&C44 has HUGE aluminum chainplates that go from the deck down the height of
the boat almost to the waterline so very long piece of metal. The part under
the deck is pristine aluminum 1/2” thick. Above deck the aluminum has started
to show galvanic corrosion. (See photos). The mast is still off, should I
replace, ignore, price out stainless? - if I replace with stainless can I go
with thinner plates as 1/2” will weigh close to 100lbs for the piece I’d need
and cost a pretty penny.

I’d appreciate any and all thoughts or opinions.

Cheers

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18w32VAzCIHRD8f5hasX5kmWAaNRUH7tF/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XGUuXEXlEHS5vrzGF_QJyku4pQ12reWf/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UseiVG20RSlebsVNnit6VrXdDzPydQEq/view?usp=drivesdk