It seems pretty radical to replace those chain plates  . . .

I might take them out and X-Rayed . . . . or even add some metal . . . .

I picture a U shaped stainless ‘cover’ that goes over top, and still fits into
the shroud toggles – spread the load of each individual hole better to the
other one  . . . .

And/or I’d analyze exactly how much metal is left and do a structural
calculation on the shroud loading to see how much safety factor is left . . .
I’ve never heard of a failure . . . .

(Too bad I can’t remember those structural calculations . . . )

Rob Ball
C&C 34