Neil, you mentioned fatigue cracking in aluminum.  What about stress
corrosion cracking in SS?

Dan, my thought is that the plates are safe for use of the boat.  I believe
it is more likely that the standing rigging will fail before the
chainplates do.  I don't know about you but I have plenty of other boat
projects that are more worthy of my money.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD