I had to extract a pin from a car couple years ago.  Fortunately for me, it
was one of the ones with a knurled knob so the pin was large enough to
drill and tap for a small machine screw.

Your split ring pin is much smaller.  Barring successful extraction with a
dental or tool pick as suggested by Josh, consider soldering a wire to the
top of the pin.  Bend it in a small U shape so you can pull both ends.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA