From: Dreuge via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Date: 9/7/2019  5:32 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Dreuge <dre...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Water Tank Woes [again] - Welding Question

Hi Pete,Plastic welding is the way to go.  I tried various ways to repair
tanks, but my welded repairs (I fixed 3 tanks now by welding) have had no
problems.  Plastic welding is rather easy to do.  The key is getting good
plastic welding rods.   I normally use a hot air welder, but if you are very
careful, you can use make due with a propane torch.  Though I highly recommend
borrowing or buying a welder.  Harbor Freight sells a reasonable welder for
about $60, and since they always have 20-25% off coupons, it would cost about
$45.Small leaks are easy to fix.  If you have a more serious repair, like a
long crack due to poor structural support, then repair and split it with some
316 stainless mesh. I purchased a package of 1/8" LDPE welding rods from
Grainger. As I recall, it was 50 rods for $15.   I also purchased 316 mesh from
Grainger.I have details on my blog. Below is the link.  Skip down to the
section on plastic
welding.http://svjohannarose.blogspot.com/search/label/WaterTankRepair-Paul
E.1981 C&C Landfall 38 S/V Johanna RoseFort Walton Beach,
FLhttp://svjohannarose.blogspot.com/