I would certainly welcome a C&C Florida Rendevous!  I am in Madeira Beach, on
the Gulf side of the Tampa area, so I would be in favor of the West Coast.I
think a speaker talking about cruising the Sun (West) Coast of Florida would be
particularly insightful, as many of the passes are too shallow, some of the
anchorages have great access to restaurants and facilities, and others, well,
no so much.  Not to mention some discussion about how, when& where to fish when
cruising, etc.  If timing works, I'd bring Astralis to the show!Bruce
Whitmore1994 C&C 37/40+"Astralis"Sent from Samsung tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: Steve Thomas via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 11/5/19  6:08 PM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: Steve Thomas <sthom...@bellnet.ca> Subject: Re: Stu
I am usually in Florida in February, so I am interested, even if I have to
drive to the "other" side. (From the Space Coast.)Steve ThomasC&C36Merritt
Island, Fl---- Edd Schillay via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
Listers,There appears to be some interest in a winter rendezvous in sunny
Florida — here are a few thoughts:1. As you know, Florida has two coasts, east
and west, with the Enterprise and Water Phantom on the west coast (35 miles
apart) and some others on the east coast. I think the idea of having an actual
boat rendezvous in a place that is reachable for people to sail to is pretty
slim. I also know of three other C&Cs in the gulf coast and Tampa Bay areas.
2. Because we all boat here year-round (suck it, northerners!) marina space for
more than a handful of boats seems to be a stretch. Then again, see #1 above.
3. That being said, I could organize a C&C Owners’ Rendezvous in Sarasota (even
at my club in Venice), Tampa, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, or other such place that
could be an easy drive or flight.I welcome everyone’s (even David Risch’s)
thoughts and then I’ll put out a survey. Should we have a owners’ rendezvous,
what kinds of things would you like the group to do (You know, besides eat and
drink) — seminar, guest speaker, etc.?  If we were to do something in the
Venice - Sarasota - Tampa - Clearwater area, I’m sure we could get the
Enterprise and Water Phantom, and perhaps one or two more, to a location. I am
confident that I can organize hotel (or hotel options) and a place for us to
meet as I do marketing and event planning for a living.Warning though -- I
understand in February it can be a little chilly here, with highs in the mid
70s. Brrrrr. (Insert evil laugh here.)  Chime in, folks. Please. All the
best,EddEdd M. SchillayCaptain of the Starship EnterpriseC&C 37+ | Sail No:
NCC-1701-BVenice Yacht Club | Venice, FLStarship Enterprise's Captain's Log
<http://enterpriseb.blogspot.com/>
_______________________________________________Thanks everyone for supporting
this list with your contributions.  Each and every one is greatly appreciated.
If you want to support the list - use PayPal to send contribution --