Hi Bill,

I'm familiar with gear pumps and I saw what I was fearing might be an
issue: Grease / gear material shavings.

The "Don't use the pump for this use case" list includes "Foodstuff
Liquids" in the possible dangers list it says 'Foodstuff Liquid
contamination'

I wouldn't use that as a fresh water pump...

My old Jabsco 36600 pump was leaking pressure a few years back, after much
research for alternatives, I just rebuilt-it which took about 15-20 minutes
+ the time to get it off the boat.  There's a reason it costs almost
$500.00.  It's far more rugged / "rebuildable" than just about anything
else and it's also the most efficient from a pressure - flow  / electrical
consumption standpoint.  it's been 3-4 years and I have not had any issues
with it.

C&C knew what they were doing installing those pumps...

-Francois
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier GA