Ontario dumping Doesn’t affect the other lakes.  Ontario is fed by 200 foot
falls, so there is no control there.

Lake Erie cycles a lot. You probably saw on the news the remnants of a huge
steel barge that got shucked down the Niagara River last month in a big storm.
Be interesting to see if it moves again this Wednesday.  When the water goes up
8 – 10 feet in Buffalo, the Falls must be spectacular. That is one of the few
places I believe the word ‘Awesome’ can  legitimately be used.

6 0r 7 years ago, when Huron and Michigan were pretty low, I recall hearing
that the Core of Engineers muffed up and put some pretty big gouges in the
Detroit river where it dumps into Lake Erie, and there was some blame for that,
but who knows. And now Huron and Michigan are too high!

And of course there are locks going from Michigan into Huron, so there is some
control there.

I think Superior is jointly controlled by Canada and US.

The Corp of Engineers seems to be driven more by navigation, so deep water is
probably not going to get as much attention as shallow water.

Bill Coleman

Erie PA