Ian,

Last winter I pulled Anchovy’s A4 out.  I built a cradle out of scrap 2X lumber
to slide the engine onto as it left the engine bay.

If you unbolt the A4 style mounts from the rails, instead of unbolting the
mounts from the engine, the engine will simply slide right out.

Remember to remove as much as possible prior to beginning…starter,
manifold/carb, alternator, etc.

As a fat guy in my 57th year, I had little trouble moving the stripped motor
around by hand.

Good luck,

Rick Bushie
Anchovy, 1971 30-1