There is a firm out of Ft. Lauderdale they distribute through.Sent from my
Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: John and Maryann Read via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 1/28/20  7:20 AM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: John and Maryann Read <johnprea...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Holding tanks Hi JohnPerhaps a dumb question, but Kracor
must be selling tanks to stay inbusiness and if they only work through
distributors or OEM's there must besome who will deal with the public????  Will
Kracor provide a list ofdistributors??  Maybe try some boat OEM's??Best of
luckJohn and MaryannLegacy III1982 C&C 34Noank, CT-----Original
Message-----From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of
JohnMcCrea via CnC-ListSent: Monday, January 27, 2020 9:50 AMTo: 'SEAN CONNER';
cnc-list@cnc-list.comCc: John McCreaSubject: Re: Stus-List CnC-List Digest, Vol
168, Issue 55Thanks Sean. My research had brought me to Ronco for the same 18
gallontank. So I must be on the right path. Will get the book!-----Original
Message-----From: SEAN CONNER <conner.s...@comcast.net> Sent: Saturday, January
25, 2020 5:07 AMTo: cnc-list@cnc-list.comSubject: Re: Stus-List CnC-List
Digest, Vol 168, Issue 55I just completed a total head plumbing refit on our
new boat, and wanted toconcur with Adrian's comments. I ended up adding a new
holding tank as well(long story) and fortunately I was able to figure out the
model of the OEMKracor tank.  Ronco then used that info and came up with a
nearly exactmatch.  So if you can draft a good dimensional drawing, they will
likelyfind a stock mold that will fit.  For us it ended up being an 18
gallontank.  I ordered a blank tank and the total cost including shipping to
NHwas about $340.   BTW, I also used Peggy's book as a guide, and usedUniseals
for the fittings installed on top of tank.  easy peasy.  Good luck!> > Message:
2> Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 16:54:03 -0500> From: Adrian Humphreys
<adri...@telamontech.com>> To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Subject: Re: Stus-List
Head Tank Replacement.> Message-ID:
<f5a8e2f7-00a1-46bb-80d9-38b8a9412...@telamontech.com>> Content-Type:
text/plain; charset=us-ascii> > Ronco-Plastics.com> > They have ready-made
tooling for a lot of different tanks, and will workwith you to find one that
fits your need. Make a dimensioned drawing forthem. The tank is roto-molded
when you order, so you can specify thefittings you want.  The original tank
under the v-berth on our C&C-33 hadthe outlet at the bottom of the vee where it
had cracked and leaked. Wespecified a "dip-tube" outlet, so all the fittings
(inlet, vent, inspectionport, and outlet) are on or near the top. The tank we
chose is a very closematch to the original and fits the space well. They will
also create customtooling, but IIRC, the price estimate started at $2,000+> >
Cost was a little over $300 for our 18 gallon tank and fittings; UPSshipping
from California was almost half that. Rich Gray at Ronco was agreat help.> > We
added all new plumbing, larger vent, hand bilge pump to empty it, anexternal
sensor kit from ferriellosales.com/monitoring-systems.html($150.00), and a lot
of labor. The Peggy Hall book was essential to theplanning
(amazon.com/New-Get-Rid-Boat-Odors/).> > Adrian Humphreys> Epilogue, Rockport
ME> C&C 33-2 > adri...@telamontech.com> > > > > > On Jan 24, 2020, at 9:30 AM,
John McCrea via CnC-List<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:> > > > Hello. I am in
the process of replacing the holding tank on our 1979 C&C36. We bought the boat
in 2018 and it had a bladder for a tank under the v.I want to go back to the
original configuration of the 24-gallon plastictank. I visited a sister ship
last weekend and after taking all thedimensions, I found the tank on the Kracor
website. Kracor no longer sellsto the public. Through some marine industry
connections, I did find out thatTartan does have the toolings for that tank but
said that be prepared to paya lot for it. As in over $500. Does anyone else
know of a source for eithera custom tank or something similar to the original?
Thanks!> >  > > John McCrea> > Talisman> > Mystic, CT> >
supporting this list with your contributions.  Eachand every one is greatly
appreciated.  If you want to support the list - usePayPal to send contribution
--
https://www.paypal.me/stumurray>_______________________________________________Thanks