Joe,

About five years ago a bird decided to build a nest in my mast when it was down for winter storage.  The only problem I had (besides about 1/2 bushel of straw/twigs dropping out) was that the lines made good nest lining causing me to replace all internal halyards except the main.  Did not replace the sheaves and have noticed no abrasion of the lines. fwiw

Don Kern
Fireball, C&C35 Mk2
Bristol RI