No idea what is in mine, but just tightened it yesterday after noticing
about 1 drip every 6-10 seconds while sitting. There was a lot of salt
around it, so it's probably been loose for a while, and the nice clean
bilge has now made it noticeable. Sliding the shaft back to remove
transmission may have also caused it to leak. Nut was not even finger
tight, so I made it lightly snug, which seemed to have little difference on
the friction when turning shaft by hand, but drips stopped. Will have to
check again when I get engine back together, but hopefully I won't need to
replace it.

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com