I had a fuel problem with Kaylarah that dogged me since I bought the boat.
The engine would run well for a while and then die.  I had all sorts of
experts give me all sorts of opinions, but the engine would die.  If I left
it off for a few hours it would start up fine and then after 15 minutes to
an hour later, it would die again.  Finally, I discovered the problem.  A
previous owner had the hose from the tank replaced after (I suspect) the
interior wall of the hose started to disintegrate from old age.  The
particles or rotted rubber got carried forward into the elbow at the input
to my Racor filter.  As more fuel was sucked into the filter the particle
of rubber compressed and eventually starved the filter.  When the engine
was shut off, the particles decompressed and allowed fuel to flow again
(for a while).  Then the process would repeat.  I discovered the problem by
accident when I installed a fuel squeeze bulb in the fuel line between the
tank and the Racor filter to simplifying bleeding the air out of the system
during the multiple disassemblies to diagnose the problem.  I found it
difficult to force fuel through the filter with the bulb and discovered the
pieces or rotted rubber during disassembly. I cleaned out the elbow and
never had trouble again.  Good luck.

Gary
S/V Kaylarah
'90 C&C 37+