The owner of a classic sailboat here in St. Michaels met her now husband on a
sailing romance web site. They are now taking their extended cruise around the
world on his Amel.

Gary

From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> On Behalf Of Randy Stafford via
CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2020 5:42 PM
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Randy Stafford <randal.staff...@icloud.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Cruising Love

Gotta confess, I had a hearty laugh over that too.  Thanks Matt :D

One anecdote for Will.  Colorado Sail & Yacht Club has a Meetup group
(meetup.com <http://meetup.com> ) as a recruiting tool.  It’s been surprisingly
popular, with 350 members.  We invite them to social events, cruising events,
practice races, etc. (with RSVP limits of course).  Anyway, this winter I
SurveyMonkey’d the members about their sailing interests.  One of my survey
questions was “why did you join this Meetup group?” with answer choices of “it
will look cool on my Meetup profile” and “I’ll find a romantic relationship”
along with more serious choices of course.  Anyway it turned out about 8% of
respondents ticked the “looking for love” box.  Moral of the story, maybe you
can find sailing Meetup groups in your location(s) and meet eligible candidates
that way.

Cheers,

Randy

On Apr 9, 2020, at 2:22 PM, Matt Wolford via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com