Hi Edd , I did a similar thing as Josh with an existing Navpod and a Garmin
unit.  I don't have photos at the moment but would be happy to chat about how
we did it.Bruce Whitmore 1994 C&C 37/40+ "Astralis "847.404.5092Sent from
Samsung tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: Edd Schillay via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 4/21/20  2:08 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Edd Schillay
via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Cc: Edd Schillay <e...@schillay.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Instrument Cabling / Edson Pedestal Guard Josh,Photos
would be great, including how you got cabling from the guard to an accessible
point in the ceiling of the aft cabin (and to the port locker).
All the best,EddEdd M. SchillayCaptain of the Starship EnterpriseC&C 37+ | Sail
No: NCC-1701-BVenice Yacht Club | Venice Island, FLStarship Enterprise's
Captain's Log

On Apr 21, 2020, at 2:03 PM, Josh Muckley via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:Edd,I replaced the pedestal guard and installed a navpod for my new B&G
9" plotter last year.  Navpod makes an oversized guard which made getting all
the wires in very easy.  I actually ran considerably more wires than I needed
since the system has the ability to interface wirelessly.  The nice thing about
using the navpod is that the holes in the guard can be cut with a die-grinder
and be pretty raggedy and ugly.  I used a file to smooth the edges so as to
protect the wires but it was definitely something that I was glad to be able to
hide behind the navpod box.  Turned out very professional looking and all the
wires exit through the bottom of the guard posts, through the deck, and are
accessible from the ceiling of the aft cabin.  We fished connections over from
the port locker in the aft cabin.  I'll see if I can find some
pictures.Unfortunately it wasn't a cheap project.Josh Muckley S/V Sea Hawk 1989
C&C 37+Solomons, MD On Tue, Apr 21, 2020, 13:52 Edd Schillay via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:Listers,I’m considering adding an instrument pod
and a larger pedestal guard to the Enterprise, preferably something big enough
to handle my Raymarine e9 Series multifunction display. Between the thick power
cable and the SeaTalk network cable (and the ends,) I think I’d drive myself
nuts trying to cut holes in the stainless steel big enough to not only get
those those cables in and out, but also feed them where I need them to go. Has
anyone thought of a way to neatly run cabling along the outside of the pedestal
guard?  I could use a new project.
All the best,EddEdd M. SchillayCaptain of the Starship EnterpriseC&C 37+ | Sail
No: NCC-1701-BVenice Yacht Club | Venice Island, FLStarship Enterprise's
Captain's Log

Thanks everyone for supporting this list with your contributions.  Each and
every one is greatly appreciated.  If you want to support the list - use PayPal
to send contribution --   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray