Dave:

I replaced the 4 side cabin/couch windows approx. 12 years ago...they are side flush mount to the cabin with no frames....the longer forward one has a slight curve when properly installed making it a bigger challenge to install.

When it came to the actual installation, back in 2008 I used Sika 295 UV and the Sika Primer....not sure if the VHB tape existed then....wish it had and I used it from what I have read.

But it is Sika...I taped both the inside and outside of the windows...put Sika on both the frame and the window....made sure all the surfaces had the adhesive when I placed into position.

The challenge I had was how to hold them in place until the Sika cured for 2 days...there was a pile of 2" X 4" in the boatyard so I measured from the window to the toerail and cut 12 pieces, 3 per window so when the window was put into place, the 2" X 4" were jammed between  window and toerail and I placed a 10 lb stone on each 2" X 4" to hold in place.

12 years later, the windows are intact and no leaks.

If I ever have to done this job again (and I hope I don't) I will be using the tape and not Sika 295 UV or any other tube adhesive.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32-#277
Halifax, N.S.