From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> On Behalf Of Dennis C. via
CnC-List
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 8:35 PM
To: CnClist <CnC-List@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Woodworking help

Not C&C but definitely boat related.

A buddy of mine wants his cockpit table repaired.  I'm going to attempt to glue
some teak laminate or veneer over the existing teak pieces.  I am very
pessimistic about removing the existing pieces.  They are only 1/8-3/16 inch
thick and appear to be glued or epoxied down.  I suspect if I try to pull them
up, they will disintegrate.  I'll try it as a last resort.

I want to make a template of them so I can use a router to shape the laminate.
I'm talking about the two outboard pieces in this picture.  The two inboard
pieces will be easy to shape.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EQAJuMC1mldwaXJKxyBaW8YScggQT7fC

Anybody got a slick way to make a template of two weird shaped thin pieces of
teak glued down?

--

Dennis C.

Touche' 35-1 #83